HERESY SATELLITES FOR HOME THEATER

HarryO

Ok, I'm going to set up a home theater system again. I"m a 2 channel diehard. I'm thinking of using my Heresy II's for the 4 satellites, my Belle for a center, and my Wallrus(cross between cornWALL and choRUS) clones for my mains for 2 channel. More than likely a big Denon 5.1 140 wpc a friend is wanting to trade in for one of my tube amps. Question here is, has anyone set up similar and what should I expect, or is there a better setup for what I have to use?

Thanks, HarryO

How big is the room?

If you have a large room with seating away from the walls....it would work fine.

If you have a small room with seating against the walls it would be hard to maintain the HT sound.

Thank you. I have 12' deep x 17' wide room to use. Typical single guy action movies via HD satellite. Animal planet and cartoons also. (I'm a single full time dad of a 6 year old boy) I'll probably try to find a Klipsch THX 15 sub if I need it.

Next question: Think I ought to just buy a Klipsch HT package and be done with it? That way I'll still keep my 2 channel independent and no compromise trying to blend 2 systems. I have all the components laying around, but the time is what I'm trying to save. Thanks for your thoughts. BTW, nice old Mac

Harry

Go Big man!

I essentially have my 2 channel and my HT in the same room. I have my tubes to run the 2 ch and the SS to run the HT. That way, I can take advantage of the same 2 big ole' speakers up front!

Best of both worlds!

Your son would love the surround sound! Nothing like some cartoons in their full audible glory![;)] My boys love ours.

Paul

The kid already has a small Yamaha 5.1 for his dvd/vcr combo unit. He likes it just fine. Nothing special, 80w x 5 small powered twin 6" sub. We both like 60's and 70's rock. This time of year we will be in the house more and I figured to counter some of the winter boredom with the surround system. I've never been too impressed/interested in the home theater sound with small satellites and a sub. To me it's still like 1 speaker spread out throughout the room. Inept for 2 channel music.

I'm just not sure which way to go for surround. I like the LARGE presence of the big Heritage speakers and hope I can find the same feel with a surround unit without spending close to $5,000.00. I had thought the Heresy II used as satellites might work good for the surround system and I might be able to throw a digital receiver in the mix and have decent movie effects. Just looking for competent advice from someone who had already been there. I do value the input of our forum members.

Thanks, HarryO