K-77d?

Not a typo.

The current production K-Horn and LS uses the D. The differnce is the flange on the D. Horn is the same design, but the flang allows the tweeter to flush mount without the Z brackets or cutting the hole larger and it fits through the back of the motor board 1982 and earlier K-Horns. The F used the same mount as the M and K-77 Alnico.

My K-77 F's are flush mounted... mounted from the front within a little frame that's attached from behind the motor board... this is the Z bracket? Called that because the cross section going from inside to outside forms a "Z", I guess.

My K-77 F's are flush mounted... mounted from the front within a little frame that's attached from behind the motor board... this is the Z bracket? Called that because the cross section going from inside to outside forms a "Z", I guess.

That's the Z bracket, used since 1983 on the K-Horn to move the tweet forward. Mounts from the inside of the motor board. The D eliminated the need for the Z