Which center for my RB-81 mains?

BC Canuk

Well I am finally embarking on my Klipsch 7.1 system. I have coveted these speakers since I heard my first set of Cornwalls when I was about 17. Anyhow my question is what difference can I expect between the RC-52 and RC-62. I acn get a smokin good deal on the 52 but no deal is good if I will regret it later. I plan on bringing both home for an audition but I wanted input from you "Klipschofiles" on what the difference is beteen the two. Thanks in advance for your help.

i

I have RB81's for mains and surrounds and went with the RC62. The RC62 sounded a better than the RC52 I though and the power handling (150W/600W) is the same as the RB81. Their sensitivities are fairly close too. The RC62 also goes 10Hz lower than the RC52. a 57Hz low end for a center is pretty darn good. The flagship RC64 doesn't even go that low.

Of course it would have been nice if they made a RC82 so that the drivers would match but I don't think it matters much. The RC62 seems to match my RB81's perfectly and sounds truly amazing. Remember that most of the movie's sound goes through the center channel so choose wisely.

Another reason why I went with the RC62 is the fact that it's available in cherry woodgrain vinyl and the RC52 is not.