Klipsch 4.1 still being sold? I lost mine in a house fire. :(

Lurtz

Hey guys, I'm new to the board but have been sporadically reading over the past year or so.

Here's my story. I bought the klipsch promedia 4.1's roughly back in early 2002. I absolutely loved them to bits. I had never heard anything that sounded so clean and was basically in awe every single time I powered those babies up. Enter June 30th, 2004. We had a major house fire, that unfortunately started in my room..had something to do with faulty wiring with something that was plugged in somewhere in my room. I happened to be in my room at this time (it was just after midnight) and my parents were also in the living room watching a movie. It was strange because I was actually supposed to be going out that night with some friends from work, but elected to stay home instead. Usually my parents are fast asleep by this time as well, so I guess one could say we were lucky, no one was hurt. That was the main thing on my mind, that everyone made it out okay, even though my room was burnt to a crisp. I didn't care about losing memories, clothes, electronics..I guess I'm not the type of person to get too attached to material things.

in any case, as you may have guessed it, that meant my promedia's were done for. Again, my room was literally burnt to a crisp...the firefighters allowed me to come back inside after a few hours of them dousing out the fire and the first thing I looked for was my speakers. Nowhere to be found! I think the only thing i actually saw was the amp or some remnant of the sub, but everything else had been melted to the point where they didn't even exist anymore, aside from that one piece. I looked in all the corners of my room where i had the satellites set up, and nothing.

We did end up getting money back for a lot of the things we had lost, but at this point my family, just keeping its head above water financially, only had enough money to really get back some basics, and considering they didn't really give us full money back for a lot of the expensive clothing I had, I had to make due with whatever money we had and buy new clothes for work. So obviously, getting the klipsch speakers back wasn't quite high on my priority list, although I did one day want to get a new set, preferrably the 5.1's. I don't know how I've lasted all these years without the promedia's since they put me in audio heaven, but I've now been wanting to buy another set.

From reading these forums it seems that they've stopped manufacturing both the 4.1 and 5.1 systems, and that the 2.1's are still being produced? Please correct me if i'm wrong. I have seen some retailers still selling the 2.1, which is why I assume this. It seems the 4.1's are harder to come by, even on ebay.

I also wanted to know if the 4.1's have had quality issues as the 5.1's?

If worse comes to worst, I guess I'll just have to settle for the 2.1. I really wish klipsch didn't stop producing the 4.1 or 5.1 promedia's, as I have been so extremely happy with my previous purchase (I still contend to this day that the 4.1's were the best 400+ dollars I have ever spent on a single purchase).

Any and all information would be great. Thank you.

Glad to hear that no one was hurt . Sadly I believe Klipsch has bowed out of the 4.1 and 5.1 market............for many reasons. You could try to find a set on Ebay, or just go with another company for surround computer speakers.

Another Idea would be get the Klipsch 2.1 setup,use a Y spliter and run a coxial (rca) cable from the computer to your receiver . This way you get the 4.1 sound .............It is what I have done.............Good Luck!