KSF 10.5 T/S specs?

KMyers

You don't use T/S params for building crossovers...you'll need to use the impedance response.

What's wrong with the existing network?

Well i can get the impedance responce from the T/S params and the network that is in there is not even close to anything audiophile quality. It will basicly be the same but less and better parts

The impedance response you get from T/S params is at best an

approximation and especially not very accurate at the higher

frequencies (where the crossover will be occuring). Also, the stock

networks are built to compensate for frequency response abberations in

the drivers.

I'm not saying that a better network can't be built, but relying on

impedance predictions and assumptions about the phase and frequency

response isn't likely to yield better results - even if you use super

fancy parts in the network.

To engineer a better network I really feel that you'll need some level

of measuring capability (which can be done for under $200). The nice

thing is that with the measuring capability, you no longer need to

worry about the information you're requesting...you can just measure

your actual system with all the environmental factors included (like age, temperature, humidty, etc...).

So apart from being a better approach, it's going to be your only approach unless you get the data you're requesting.

The impedance response you get from T/S params is at best an approximation and especially not very accurate at the higher frequencies (where the crossover will be occuring). Also, the stock networks are built to compensate for frequency response abberations in the drivers.

I'm not saying that a better network can't be built, but relying on impedance predictions and assumptions about the phase and frequency response isn't likely to yield better results - even if you use super fancy parts in the network.

To engineer a better network I really feel that you'll need some level of measuring capability (which can be done for under $200). The nice thing is that with the measuring capability, you no longer need to worry about the information you're requesting...you can just measure your actual system with all the environmental factors included (like age, temperature, humidty, etc...).

So apart from being a better approach, it's going to be your only approach unless you get the data you're requesting.

You are a 100% right but i just figured if i had the specs it would save me some money right now because I'm sure i will upgrade speakers shortly and i doubt i would ever use that equipment ever again. And do you really think Klipsch puts that much time and effort into building those crossovers to compensate for frequency response aberrations? At best i would say they measured a couple sets of drivers when they came out and said well this what they need to be and gave the schematic to China and said here we need 20,000 of these by next month. So i think you get what you get. And the internal wiring leaves allot to be desired along with the build quality of the cabinet. The main reason i have these speakers is because at the time i didn't know what i know now and i got them for 300$ for the pair brand new in the box.When Sound Advice a.k.a Tweeter stopped selling them. I had a friend on the inside. Now don't get me wrong they sound good for what they are but i know what i hear and they have way more potential then what I'm getting from them. So i just want to make them the best they can be. The drivers are great it is just everything that goes with them that is not up to par. But again i cant complain,especially for what i have in them.

And do you really think Klipsch puts that much time and effort into building those crossovers to compensate for frequency response aberrations? At best i would say they measured a couple sets of drivers when they came out and said well this what they need to be and gave the schematic to China and said here we need 20,000 of these by next month. So i think you get what you get.

Hmmm.

So one of your complaints is that Klipsch uses a sampled average set of T/S parameters rather than measuring each speaker and designing each individual speaker system using these unique parameters...

And now you want the published T/S parameters for the speakers so that you can improve on the system.

What do you think the published T/S parameters are? Why do you think they are any different then the T/S parameters that you complain about that Klipsch used?

So if you have problems with typical T/S parameters, get the equipment and measure your speakers individually. [*-)]