Impedance Problems: Help me save my KG4s!

OldMojo

Hello All! This is my first post. I'm hoping to tap the wealth of wisdom I've witnessed on this board.

I recently purchased a set of KLF-20s to upgrade from my beloved KG4s which have served me flawlessly for 10 years. I'd like to use the KGs as surrounds, but they are 6 ohms & my surround hookups are clearly labeled 8 ohms or higher (receiver is Sony STR-DE945 - 110W X 5 )

Is there any way to "restrict" the load, allowing me to use these without burning up my amp? Perhaps some sort of resistor rig - dohickey I could attach inline?

Thanks to all of you electronics gurus for any help you might offer.

------------------

We Like our speakers big & heavy!

Ditto. My KG4s say 4 ohm on the backs, and I drove them just fine with NAD and Denon receivers that said nothing below 6 ohms. I imagine you'll be ok.

Whatever you do, don't sell your KG4s or you'll be sorry (just ask Steve P). That is, of course, unless you want to sell them to me in which case you'll be very happy, and so will I.

Well, I did think about selling them - briefly, but concluded that they would still make a fine B-pair even if surround use was out of the question. They're still my babies - they've come through the college "dorm stereo wars" without a scratch. I used to put the original plastic bags back over them when I wasn't listening to them. And comments like "Nice German speakers" & "Are you SURE those are made in the USA?" are priceless.

So what is Steve's story?

OldMojo - Funny comments about your "German" speakers. No one has ever said that to me. Most just say "Huh?" when I say I have Klipsch speakers.

Unless I missed a roadsign somewhere on the drive to Hope, Arkansas, I don't think we left the country. It doesn't get much more "in the USA" than Hope.

I'll let Steve comment on his feelings about the KG4s. No big story, as far as I know.

Well, I think I'll give it a go. Sounds like it is a non-issue. Thanks for everyone's input.

And besides, if the consensus proves to be wrong I will take comfort in the philosophy that while receivers come & go, Klipsch are forever. The KG4s will soldier on.