Bass Equalization

laneza01

I'm looking for something similar to the Velodyne SMS-1 but possibly less expensive. i'm pretty sure i have a big spike and don't really know a way to measure/correct it. I can hear it when i do a 120-20 Hz sweep, its probably atleast a 5-10 dB jump. I have an svs PB12-plus and it has a parametric eq for 1 frequency, but i dont know how to pinpoint the frequency thats too loud. I want something that measures it and puts it on the screen. Is the Velodyne the only thing that does this? Thanks.

Hmmm...that seems like a lot of work, buying a feedback destroyer, mic, taking the time to do it, ect.

Does the Velodyne do it all automatically? and would the results of both things be similiar?

Room treatments are not really an option(i dont think) because i live in a dorm and move every year. I

have tried moving the sub but really only have 2 places to put it and they both have loud spots.

Are there any other options, besides EQ, that i could use? I know you are pretty much the

authority on subs dr, who. what are the major downsides of eq'ing like this?

ps. i currently run my speakers (83's) and sub with a crossover at 80 hz and small.

You don't need to get a BFD....you can just use the software to determine where to set the parametric EQ on your subwoofer. If you're trying to EQ non-minimum phase issues, then you'll notice that the predicted response change doesn't correlate to the actual response change (which you can measure).