Want to replace RF-25s with in-walls. Which ones?

tango

hi folks.

I have a system with with 2 RF25s for fronts and RS25s for rears. No subwoofer, and no center (i had a RC3 (or RC3-II), but i didn't like it, so i pulled it and just went with the two fronts). I have a yamaha rx-v650 amp. We use the system for probably a 50/50 mix of music and TV/movies/home-theatre.

I'm upgrading my tv from an old CRT to a flat panel which is going to hang on the wall and would like to replace the fronts (and eventually the rears) with in-wall speakers. I know it seems silly to replace the RF25s with in-walls, so let me explain the setup a little.

the room is small-to-average sized (16x13 feet) however my house is very small so the room contains windows, the front door to the house and a couple of bookshelves. Needless to say it's a bit cluttered and obviously not the most optimal of HT rooms (but i'm not moving any time soon. :) ). Part of the reason for the TV upgrade is to un-clutter the room, so moving to in-wall speakers is part of that plan.

I'd like to find the best speakers to replace the RF25s. Ideally, i'd like to stay away from a sub-woofer and just go with two in-walls. I don't have a sub right now, and with the current setup, i haven't ever felt i was missing something by not having it.

Do you think this would be doable with a pair of R-5800-W or R-5650-W/S?

By the way, what's the audible difference between the R-5650-W and R5650-S?

Thanks a bunch.

Hello,

I too am leaning towards in-walls for my whole system, and the R-5650 is one I am considering.

While I have not auditioned the S model, it appears that it is intended as a surround speaker, as opposed to an LCR implementation for the W model.

Any more experienced input would be appreciated by the OP and myself.