Sony STR-DA9000ES replacement recommendations

drick

Hello again everyone,

After 3 years, my 9000ES receiver is a bit long in the tooth and short on needed technology, so it's back into the fray for me. I'm looking for a direct replacement / upgrade for this unit in a sub $5k price range. I don't have the space or permission from the wife to go separates, so i'll kill that one right out of the gate ! [;)]

I likely will not be looking at a Sony replacement as they don't offer something that is a feature similiar replacement for my current unit, so i'm back to looking at the Denon's. The 5308CI seems to look real good on paper, and the 4308CI seems to be getting favorable reviews.

What do you all think about this unit, or would you recommend a different unit? Any / all feedback welcome as always, and thanks in advance.

D

Take a look at Harmon Kardon. I have the HK 240 (OLDER MODEL). It does everything I need. Also look at the HK AVR 645 which is bigger and may have more of what you want. JMHO.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/426189-REG/Harman_Kardon_AVR645_AVR_655_Home_Theater_Receiver.html

Bill, thanks for the suggestion. A quick review of their top of the line unit (AVR745?) shows it lacking several features that are on my must have list. HDMI 1.3, support for HD decoding, and native 1080p support / upscaling.

Thanks for the suggestion though!