I could use something for my PS3 & 360

Dreven

I have a spare bedroom all to myself with a 32" LCD, 360 and PS3. I'm currently have (don't laugh) on this:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5280864

I want something better but a requirement that's hard to find in cheap 5.1 box systems is two optical inputs (or say 1 optical and 1 HDMI passthrough). I do like the design of the Pioneer system where the control unit is like a car stereo faceplate and everything else is built into the sub. I mean, if you're buying a 5.1 system for a console(s), you don't need a built in DVD player but you do need a remote.

If there was a little $200-$400 Klipsch 5.1 "game" system (1 optical, 1 hdmi passthrough, or 2 opticals), I'd be buying it. It seems like I know a lot of people with PS3's or 360's in a spare bedroom that have the same problem. You don't need a very "big" system and it's not worth it to spend a lot of money.

Too bad about the bluetooth remote with the PS3 - I'm still waiting for something like a Logitech Harmony remote that can also be used (bluetooth) for the PS3.

Make me something Klipsch! (waves wad of cash around) hehe

Guest IVstringer

It appears we no longer manufacture the GMX D-5.1 system, but maybe look for one on eBay?? From the product page (you can find it in the discontinued section):

http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/promedia-gmx-d-5-1.aspx

Features

• 5.1 surround sound supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, five-channel stereo and 2-channel stereo
  • Two digital inputs for PlayStation® 2, Xbox™, PC, DVD or CD signals
  • One analog input for GameCube™, CD, MP3, TV or VCR signals

I have a logitech z-5500 that i used previous to buying my rf-83 system. Its just sorta sitting in a box. it did really well. it has an optical and a coax and always filled my dorm room rather nicely...I think i paid 400 for it. I could sell it to you if you're intrested. the sub has quite a few nicks and scratches on the top that dont affect performance at all. i could take a pic to if you want. But even if you don't want mine, i would recommend this to anyone.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=us,en

Oh and i also have a little passive optical splitter, which is what i used for my xbox and ps3. I'd throw that in to. the only thing you'd have to buy are some optical-to-mini adatpers that can be had for pretty cheap off ebay or even somewhere like radioshack.