RB-81 Vs. RB-75 >> powered by Tripath TA-2020

madeinitaly

My first post so... hello everybody geek audiophiles!! [:D]

I'm going to upgrade my old and cheap (cheap in terms of sound) Mission loud speaker with a pair of high sensibilty Klipsch!

After a (non) quick research on the net I decided the best compromise for my wallet and ampli (a custom-made ampli based on chip Tripath TA-2020) was the RB-81. This was since a collegue of mine told me: "Hey I've got a pair of RB-75 almost new." (He's an audiophile entusiasth and bought those pair for a config he never done).

The question is: how much I'm supposed to pay a pair of RB-75 (not) used, today? Considring prices here in Europe of course. I can imagine in US are definetely cheaper (if u can find...).

Second: with that kind of ampli is there any reason why I have to prefer RB-75 to RB-81 which I can affor for 500 Euros (740 USD) on EBAY?

thanks in advance for your replies.

Lucas

The RB-75 and 81 look close .. I don't know how they compare. I currently drive a pair of RB-5s with an older, slightly less powerful Tripath chip (see below). The rB75 or 81 would be louder due to better efficiency and the TA-2020 (assuming you're using the recommended power Voltage) is more powerful. So, I would expect very good sound and ability to play loud, but not painfully loud.

Leo