Thinking of getting Custom-2s

ck.2323

Hey all,

My Shure E2c Headphones just went dead (left earphone). It broke due to the cold weather, this is the second time it's happened. Shure will replace them but I'm thinking of getting Custom-2s and saw that it came with nice cloth wires, how rugged is it? The winters here can go down to -15. And I'm also wondering how the warranty is because the Shure warranty is pretty nice and covers the wire too.

I haven't used my custom 2s in weather much colder than -5, but it seems to do just fine when I take it out. I'm guessing the problem with the shure wires is cracking, and last time I checked, cloth can't crack ;) It does fray a little near the headphone jack, but it doesn't seem to be anything but a cosmetic problem at the moment. If it does end up becoming an issue, the warrenty is good for 2 years =D

On a sound quality note, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the upgrade compared to the e2cs. I've had a long listen to the e2cs several times, and the custom 2s have a better soundstage and fuller bass, among other things.

• Like 1