Sony STR-DG910 Receiver

pwlcapricorn1

I have a sony STR-DG910. I bought a Synergy C-2 Center Channel speaker. When I look at the back of my receiver there is one pair of speaker wire hookups labeled Center. The problem is that the C-2 center speaker I bought has 2 pairs of speaker wire hookups. Should I just double up the speaker wire on the center labeled hookup on my receiver or should I just hook them up to the front labeled speaker wires? Will this affect the sound of the speakers? Thanks, Patrick

Yes, the C-2 can be bi-amped: "The C-2 offers bi-wire capabilities allowing the use of one or two speaker level inputs as desired for improved connectivity."

Is there a pair of jumpers in the box with the speaker? Even if there is, the simplest, cleanest way to address this is to cut a very short piece of speaker wire to connect the binding posts together on the back of the speaker - positive to positive, and negative to negative. Then just hook one pair of speaker wires from your Sony to the speaker.