Help! RW-10d screen only shows white squares

Hank_Vilmes

Hello, I just got the RW-10d sub and right out of the box when I plugged it in the screen will only show a series of squares. It won't let me do anything and there is no response from the sub whatsoever. Is there something that I'm missing here? I've checked and rechecked all my connections over and over and nothing is plugged in wrong. I've tried three different outlets and a powercenter, I've tried plugging it in with no audio in and trying it with only the L then only the R audio in and still nothing. I have a brand new Harman Kardon 247 receiver and I've never had another sub hooked into it nor do I have a sub to test it out to make sure that the sub output is working, but since I get the screen with only squares all over it even without an audio in hooked up I image it's something with the subwoofer. I'm at a complete loss here. If anyone has any advice at all I'd be extremely happy. I'm also going to try calling Klipsch here in a minute to see if they have any ideas. I just really want to avoid having to make an exchange since that will probably take the better part of 2-3 weeks.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with an RW-12d I bought non-working on eBay. After unplugging it a couple of times, the system powered up properly and operated fine for a few months. Now the problem returned today. If your system is new or under warranty, you will want to send the ampilfier in; if not, there seems to be a small chance that the system can reset itself.

In the past day I tried unplugging for hours. I tried leaving the system on for hours. I was thinking I would soon have to send the panel to Klipsch for $120 repair (though I was first going to recheck the cable between the LCD control panel and the amplifier for a loose connection-it was snug when I put the amp in months ago, and the amp failed while sitting idle--not suggestive of vibration induced failure), but a few minutes ago, for no explicable reason (if you don't count two prayers) the sub began working! The sudden return of low volume bass had me look over, and I saw the display had the proper volume setting. In a few seconds the display returned to its proper, dimmed state. When the amp was malfunctioning, the backlight had stayed on continuously. All I can conclude for others with this problem is two solutions short of shipping for repair, one of which is patience while leaving the power on.

• 1 year later...