My Promedia Ultra 5.1 has very strange problem

Okay, my right rear satellite doesn't work, even after switching speakers with the left rear satellite. Thus, the problem is apparently with my sub box or the cable connecting it. Anyone have any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Switch the front and rear input cables to verify if the problem moves to the front (if so, then you have a cable or sound card problem).

If the problem is in the sub, there is a small chance that a one of a pair of voltage-dividing resistors has burned out. The resistors are at the top of the individual amplifier boards for each channel, and are located between the red and black power input connectors. More likely is that one of the power MOSFET output transistors has failed. They are very difficult to access. In that case a $60 repair/replacement through Klipsch is a better option. If you decide to not do the repair, you still can enjoy it as a 4.1 system. If an amplifier channel board has shorted, though, it will put a heavy load on the power supply, and you will want to disconnect the power from that channel.