Max Acoustic Output for KL-650 THX?

vesper

I currently have 3 of the KL-650 THX across my front. I running a McIntosh 7106 bridged to 300 WPC, which is more than adequate power. I am considering trying 3 of the Heresy IIIs which are rated at 116 db. I called the Klipsch headquarters in Indianapolis and they said they do not post that particular spec for their THX Ultra2 speakers.

Has anyone had any experience with each to know which would play louder? Incidentally, I am also running two JL Audio Fathom 113s and my total room volume is about 5000 cubic feet.

Since the 650 is only rated for 50 wpc more than the Heresy, the Heresy would play louder because the THX can only handle 50 more wpc than the Heresy. I understood the wattage/db equation, but was not fully applying it.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hey!

I know this is an old thread, but did you actulally try the THX speakers versus the Heresy III speakers for movie sound? I am going to buy a complete home theater speaker set and are thinking of both models.