RF82's and mono blocks

2 channel guy

The speakers are made for bi wiring which is different from biamping. Bi amping needs to bypass the crossover for it to be effective, if you do not by pass it, you basicaly are hooking both amps to one speakers which will fry your crossover. Bi wiring is the way where some believe that having two wires from the same single amp will sound "better" The biamping that you are trying to do is also called fools biamping.

Are you looking for louder or such? I mean 120 watts to any floorstanding Klipsch speaker is very very loud, also doubling the wattage will only make it sound 3 db louder which is not much, basically from your 120 watts to 350 watts will get you only 4 db louder but you are around the 120 db range.

• 2 years later...

help, I didnt know where to post this question but maybe you can help me. i have a phase linear 700 series 2 amp that blew a channel, i think i shed a tear. i bought this system new in 70's. It powered my ESS AMT 1B's. I was wondering if I could drive these with a guitar amp because the price of a home stereo amp similar to the 1 I had ,well I can't afford. If you have any ideas please let me know. I also have 2 more amt 1b's sitting in a storage room.never hooked all four up but i might 2 would blow people away in my living room. I MISS MY REAL LOUD MUSIC, HELP ME PLEASE, THANKS