PMU5.1 Amp repaired - Reconnect question

awsic

Ok, so I had my PMU 5.1 amp repaired. It;s been a while since it was in the sub box. When reconnecting the sub speaker black and red wires to the posts on the amp., does the red wire go on the wider of the two connection posts or the smaller? Guessing red wire the the wider connector. ???

The smaller of the two posts is more near to the back, black plate seen on the back of the sub when installed in the sub box.

AWS

The red does go to the wider (3/16") terminal. On the older THX panels the terminals are the same width, and for this application it really would not matter. It is AC, not DC, and you do not have to worry about keeping in phase, as you would when hooking up two satellite speakers facing the same direction. As far as I understand it, when placing a sub in the corner of the room, small adjustments in positioning will help adjust the phase of the sub to match with the sound from the satellite speakers. That last sentence I am not as sure about, though.