Gollehon 400 SEL

thefluffy

In my never ending search for a pair of cheap La Scalas. I stumbled accross a pair of Gollehon 400 SEL Speakers.

http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/940908943.html

Anyone ever heard of these? They look alot like La Scalas. I'm mostly wondering if the bass bin is similar to the La Scala bass bin. But, I can find no information on the speakerr. Apparently the company went out of business about 15-20 years ago. Can anyone confirm this?

Daniel

WOW, that takes me back. My first set of PA speakers was Gollehon 450L (yep, still got the placard in my desk drawer), which were dual 15" straight firing into a horn (like a lot of Yamaha cabs) and a large bi-radial horn, like the Peavey SP1 but taller and in two separate cabinets.

I doubt that these sound as good as LS, and they are only two way, but for the money, if you're looking for garage speakers or for a small band I'd give them a try. I think the cabinets are particle board, as I remember them being VERY heavy, so look out for marks of them being dropped or otherwise compromised as they'd buzz at loud bass freqencies.

The horns in these look similar to some Yamaha models. I'm not sure who Goll used for drivers back in the day.

I found an old forum posting on google that talks about a Gollehon 400 SRL. I am wondering if this is possibly a type and this is the same speakers. I'll have to call the owner and find out. Here is the posting: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/archive/index.php/t-410257.html.

It mentions that it is indeed a three way speaker. Interesting.

Daniel