looking for a new receiver - recommendations

slusamson

I'm looking to upgrade my receiver and would like some advice on what I should get. I've been told I should go to seperates now, but I don't know if it's worth the expense for my speaker configuration. Right now I have a Pioneer VSX-914 that has served me well, but it was cheap and got the job done while I invested my money in quality speakers. It also doens't do any of the new audio codecs and I'd like to be able to tinker with that stuff.

Budget isn't really a top concern right now because I'd like to get something that will get the job done without skimping and have it serve me for a few years. I've had the Pioneer since 2004, and would hope my next purchase would last me at least that long, maybe longer.

I'd also note that I will probably eventually upgrade my center channel to a RC-62 or RC-64 and the fronts to RF-62 or 82's, but I don't know when or if thats actually going to happen. What I have now works well, but if I build a house in the next couple years, I'm probably going to want something bigger.