Denon on the fritz

thxknight

I own a Denon DRA-1035R stereo receiver and I recently became aware of a disturbing performance difference between the two channels. The left channel is crystal clear, no noise, hiss, just fine, what I would expect. By comparison, however, the right channel has an audible hiss even with the volume at 0, and is noticebly muffled and lagging behind by a few dBs in spl. I've swapped cables and sources etc, etc, and isolated the amp as the source of the problem. Any ideas as to the cause of this phenomena, and if so any easy fixes? Or is it time to start cruising audiogon for a replacement?

thxknight,

May want to contact a Denon Service center (number on their website) and see if they can give you a rough idea on repair charges/time to fix. May be that they can fix the problem and save you cash over buying a different unit.

I'm having some trouble with my Denon DCM 370 CD changer. I may go this route and see how Denon does with repairs.

MM