Heresy IIIs

wireless

Got a good deal on some Heresy IIIs. I've owned 7 or 8 pairs of Klipsch over the years inlcluding a pair of Heresy Is. Recently sold my mint Fortes for what I paid for them in 1987. Eventually I got away from Klipsch. Couldn't take solid state and horns. Also the build quality went way down after the 80s.

Currently, I have a Mcintosh main system with Aerial 7B speakers. Ran across the Heresy IIIs and decided to build a second system. Right now I have them hooked up to a Marantz receiver and using a Slim Device Sqeezebox as a source. I have to admit I'm liking the sound a lot. It's way different from my McIntosh system which is smooth and very listenable. OTOH the Heresy's give me some bite and definition that I like from time to time but in small doses.

Today I purchased a Cary CAD 120s tube amp to try on them. I'm going to run the Squeezebox directly into the amp.

Anyway I'm suprised at how much better the Heresy IIIs are sounding than the Klipsch I've owned in the past. I'm not sure if Klispch made a big improvement on them or if it's because they're in my bedroom. I think maybe the carpet and bed linen etc. absorb some of the harshness. In any case they setup sounds pretty good. The bass is not bad at all. Lack of bass was why I sold the first pair and bought the Fortes.

regards, David