Hook up Promedia Ultra 5.1 system to DVD player

jkarns

I have a Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 Speaker System that I have had for a few years. It really is one of the best systems I've ever owned. BUT, it only has the 3mm inputs from my audio card to my sub (green, black, orange). Is there an adapter out there that will alow me to convert these inputs to standard RCA audio so I can use this system for my home theater? The computer/audio card is long since dead...and this great set of speakers is just sitting in a closet. Please help!

In looking at the forums, I need a decoder. Either a Creative DDTS-1000 or Klipsch DD-5.1 to accomplish this. Unfortunately, neither are available anymore without spending WAY too much money on ebay. Does anyone know of something similar that would do the trick???http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=136&product=9468'>

Look for a Technics SH-AC500D, it what I currently use connected to my Ultra 5.1's, it is a decoder only(premap). It does DD and DTS, but only has 3 optical/coax inputs, which works fine for me. One for my PS3, HD-DVD and HD-DVR. All i need for my video/audio sources. I think you can get them on ebay for under $100 now...works much better then Klipsch DD-5.1 which I have sitting in the closet.