B&K AVR 307

jerky244

I recently purchased a B&K AVR307. I can't find anyone who knows for sure if i can run it 5.1 and use the other channels for another zone. Ideally i would like to be able to run 5.1 inside the house while watching something on dish and also have zone two playing my outdoor speakers through a different source. I have heard conflicting arguments. I have heard that i wil need a seperate zone amp to be able to do that. Any help would be much apreciated

Thnx;

Gaib

Page 54 of the Manual

ZONE ‘Z’
Using the Z (zone) function via the remote control - Your receiver comes equipped with a fully independent
2-channel analog pre-amp for use with a second audio zone. The easiest way to control the second Zone is with a
dedicated Z2 remote available from B&K and other universal remote suppliers. You can also control the second
zone from your zone 1 remote via the “Z” button.
&21752/ =21(
Control Zone 2
+10 0-9 to select zone
3 2 See Zone 2 (A) operation select desired zone
2 Z See Zone 2 (A) operation select alternate zone control
1 B&K See Zone 2 (A) operation make sure remote is in B&K mode
From Remote From Front Panel Action
Normally, your second zone will be zone 2. However, it is possible to change the zone ID (see Advanced settings).
If the second zone (zone B) ID has been changed, enter its current ID here to get control of the second zone. If the
zone ID is 10 or larger hit +10 followed by the second digit to gain control.
After a few seconds of inactivity, control will automatically revert to zone 1 (A). If you don’t wish to wait, just press
Z then 1. You can also control zone 2 (B) from the remote or front panel via the menu system. Refer to ZONE 2
(B) OPERATION.

so zone 2/3 can only be used as a processor/ preamp? Will i need an external or additional amp to be able to run 2 sources simultaneously? Sorry if I misundderstood u it will probably make much more sense to me once I get the amp. It is currently on it's way from OR. I'm beginning to wonder if UPS has a new shipping method called "UPS camel" or "UPS foot". It was sent out on the 13th coming from Oregon to INdiana. I can't beleive it's taking so long. Maybe i'm a little excited as well. Thnx for letting me vent!

thnx again for the help;

Gaib