RB-25 vs RS-42 in rear?

J.F.

Hi,

I'm beginning to be more interested on how to setup a good system.

I bought my system in 2 times: 3 years ago, I bought: Denon AV-2106; RB-25 and RC-25

At this time, I was not very rich!!! Finally, a year and a half later, I bought : RPW-10; RF-52; 2 RS-42 to complete my system.

I think I was badly advised on my first purchase, as have known, I would have probably bought 2 RS-42 but now...I have this system....

I would like to know what speakers should I install in rear: RS-42 or RB-25.

Thank you very much for your help.

agree. i wrote a rewiew about this.....how close are you to your back wall? if you are closer than 4' the rb speakers will not work that good. i am not saying sway them for the rs-42's, keep them as the side surrounds. what i am saying is, once you have a bit more money, buy another pair of rs-42's for the rear. if you are further than 4', then the rb speakers would be perfect.

if you don't feel like buying anything else.....heres a few other suggestions... (these are only if you are closer than 4' to the rear wall)

place the rb-25 speakers on the floor (faceing up, of course) and if you could put them at least 12" the floor, that would be great. use phone books if you have to for now.

you could also try to put the rb-25's in the furthers corners of the room (rear wall) and angle them toward the middle seating position.

try out those methods before you buy anthing new. (that is of course if you are closer than 4')

hope that helps.