Levels!?!?!?!

Bounty013

As far as setting up home theaters, I am pretty good, until it comes to my own! I'm not sure what the problem is, but I just can't seem to get it right. The Denon's built in Audyssey MultiEQ does a fantastic job of cleaning up the sound and providing for a perfectly clear, crisp sound. My problem seems to be power. Every time I run the Audyssey setup, I loose almost all bass. I am one of those guys that loves to rattle pictures off the walls. When something blows up, I want to feel like my house is going to fall down. With my old, and I mean old, Yamaha PLII receiver, I had this earth shattering sound with an old pair of Acoustic Research 8" Bookshelve 2-ways. They sounded great. Then I upgrade to the Denon, which I love for the clarity. Then I got my F-2's. Then I got my C-2 and am very happy, but I just can't seem to get that explosiveness back. After playing with crossover levels, making sure that the center is set to small, fronts set to large, I get a lot of my bass back. But I'm not really sure that it sounds as powerful as I think it should. Any tips?? I'd sure love to hear any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

First off, I'm sure your Sony amp isn't exactly "thumping". lol Try setting your F2's to small, and let the sub do the low work. I have all my speakers set to small, and it sounds great in the bass dept. I would recommend gettting a better sub though................

And welcome to the forum and the Klipsch community!