Help with Klipsch speakers...

rdx4u

Hello,

I am new to Klipsch speakers..I just bought the F2 synergy speakers with C2 and S2..All the speakers have 2 HF ports and 2 LF ports on the back..The monster speaker cables(XP NW MS30MKII) are two cables attached together for +ve and -ve..

Do I use the HF ports or the LF ports for coonecting the Klipsch speakers to my Yamaha RX-V863 receiver?

Thanks in advance..

Hello,

WE have something in common!

First your Question.

As I understand it, you are asking about the fact that each speaker has 2 pair of terminals. These speakers are designed for Bi Amping, and should have a metal bridge connecting the woofers and tweeters together. For normal use, leave the bridge in place and connect the single pair of R&W speaker wires. Removing the bridge ,enables you to connect the woofers and tweeters to 2 separate amps. Your 863 will do this if you really want to. BI AMPING is totally unecessary. That Yammy 863 with those big F-2's will Plenty get your neighbor's attention!

Now, my question for you:

I too just bought A Yamaha RX-V863. I have 2 F-3's in front and a C-3 center. Right now, it is playing on the out of box settings. I can't run the auto setup for a few more days. (too much noise),right now we have about 400,000 motorcycles in town! Ha!

I hope you continue to post in this thread. I would like to compare settings and tweaks.

thanks