Denon 3805 question

Montigue231

I have a denon 3805 I purchased about a month ago. Ive noticed the FL plays louder than the FR.If i switch Room EQ to Manual I can hear FL come in quite loud..I have to turn it down to flat O with the FR +12. I switched speakers so i know its not my RF 3's..Is there something in the setup that I is off? Or does this sound like the receiver is losing the left channel..Anyone have experience with this?

I purchased a 2307 floor model nearly two years ago. Right away I had a problem with the right channel being down almost always by about -6 less than the left, occasionally cutting back in to full power. As it turned out, the main board had to be replaced, which was done under the factory warranty despite it being a floor model. Once the board was replaced it was a great machine. But last fall Listen Up was blowing out the 2808, so I grabbed one of those and sold the 2307. Now I wish I still had it for the wife to use in her sewing studio.

Hope that helps.

Randy

I did not experience it getting worse. For me the really annoying thing was the intermittent cutting in and then back out. Had it just stayed down the -6, I could have adjusted for that and perhaps lived with it. But when it suddenly cut back in, well then the right channel would overpower you, and that was not acceptable, so off to the shop it went.

Good luck with it. You appear to be a Denon fan, as I am. If you haven't had a Denon receiver in the past, once you get this worked out I think you'll really enjoy it.

Randy