RF-35s and Pioneer VSX-915

dmbartender

Hello all. I'm pretty much a newbie, although I've been doing lots of homework lately. Anyway, I just got a used Pioneer 915 receiver, and am thinking about getting some RF-35s to go with it. In your experience, is this an ok combo? Does pioneer match well with klipsch floorstanding speakers in general, and specifically the 35s?

Also, I'm on a tight budget, and don't want to buy a sub anytime soon. I listen mostly to music anyway. But I noticed that the speakers cut off on the low end around 38 Hz. Will I still be provided with enough bass, at least for music? I listen to all kinds of music, and I appreciate bass a good amount. I don't need to have huge thundering bass, but I don't want bass to be absent either.

I'd appreciate any input!

The RF-35's will have plenty of bass. I have the smaller RF-25's and I can leave my sub off without any problem. You should think about a sub for the future so you can shake the foundation of the house but it will only be for less than 1% of the music. I can't give you any input on the Pioneer, I'm a 2 channel only kind of guy. Have fun, keep rockin.

Thanx, Russ

Hey Bartender! Give me another Scotch and Soda!!! LOL Just Joking, I couldn't resist!

Congratulations on the Pioneer! Remember it is far from thier top of the line, but with that said, it is not a bad HT receiver. I reccomended it to a friend on a tight budget and he is quite happy with it. He wishes it had more power, but for $399 (I think) he can't expect too much from it. I gave him an old Adcom 555 amp I had setting around and at 200 wpc his polk speakers now sing with life.

I can't speak to the RF-35's, but my Pioneer Elite sounds beautiful with my La Scala's. I think you would benefit with a powered sub, not that the speakers lack bass, but it will pick up the bottom end, where the Pioneer may be lacking in power. Or, consider finding a used 2 channel amp, and use the pioneer as a processor. Check your local Craiglist or Ebay for an amp. You can probably find one cheaper than a sub.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Dennie