ProMedia 2.1 No sound from main speaker but tweeters and sub still work

refader

Title says it. I am confused by this. There is only one set of wires going to the satellites but I'm getting no sound from either side from the main speakers, while both tweeters and the sub are working fine. Is there a fuse inside the sattelites that I need to replace or something? Thanks for the help!

PS. I am within warrenty but they are closed for the day and I want to figure this out ASAP. I miss my music! :-P

• 2 years later...

Hi!!! The same exact problem happened to me. I got a new control pod for my ProMedia 2.1 speakers (by the way speakers themselves were old). The new control pod when hooked up to the sub, gave life to speakers and sounded very very good (infact better than my previous my BOSE speakers). But the joy lasted for few hours. All of a sudden sound started coming only comes from Tweeters (three quarter inch -high) and not the Woofers(the middle range) in the satellite speakers. The sub itself works fine.

I opened the speakers and sub to see if there was some thing wrong. Looked fine to me (i'm an amateur in electronics by the way). Fuse if also fine. There is light in the control pod. I also changed the control pod, just to make sure its not the control pod problem.

I'm really longing to hear good music. Could someone please suggest me a solution. [:'(]