Lowest safe crossover for EV T35

I have a hole in the 3-4khz range with my audax driver and tractrix horn and was thinking about running the t35 down to 3500 hz with a 12db crossover. Is this going to be safe? Only running a 60watt channel amp and hardly wide open. Is the hole being filled by the t35 going to be worth the risk? The audax with horn is too strong in the 5-6.3 range. I noticed when I built the low pass filter I figured on an 8ohm driver but the audax is more like 17 ohm at 5k. I need to change my coil to compensate.

I found out by adding a 2 and 1 uf cap I could convert it to a 3500 hz 12db crossover that is identical to the X36 EV module. Sounds good. I doubt I'll burn out the VC since I don't play at part levels very often. I did burn up a set of diaphragms by running sine waves at higher wattage without realizing it! Smelled that burnt smell and that was it! The extra output in the 3-4khz fills out my hole real nice.