Cornscala Port Help?

Tag 1.7

Hi All,

I've been lurking at this forum for a couple of years now and have not contributed much myself but the knowledge I have gained has been priceless so a big thankyou to all who make this forum what it is. I started out with a pair of RF63's then progressed to a pair of Cornwall III's and I now have a pair of La Scala II's. But I can wait no longer. I must build myself a pair of Cornscalas! I want these to be more of a tower than a box and I plan on building them as one box, like the Cornwall.

The parts I will be using will be from Bob Crites - Cast frame woofers, CT125 tweeters , Atlas mids and his Cornscala networks. For the midrange horns I have a pair of ALK's Trachorns.

The internal cabinet dimensions I intend going with are: 18.11 inches wide x 19.69 inches deep x 32.82 inches high which gives a volume of 11,703 sq.in. This is 287 sq.in larger than the Cornwall III which I have done to allow for the larger volume of the trachorn, though I am only guessing with this size.

I plan on cutting a port slot across the bottom which will be 17.91 inches wide x 2.80 inches high which is 50.15 sq.in.

Now my question is: Can anyone tell me how high the port shelf needs to be off the inside bottom of the cabinet and how deep into the cabinet from the front it needs to extend?

Also, if my planned dimensions look suspect to any of you people who know a lot more about this than me, your feedback is more than welcome!

Anyway, as I'm in Australia I'm off to bed now so I'll catch up with this post late tomorrow.

Many thanks in advance.

John