Changing Voltage From 220V to 110V

nineback

Check on the amplifier panel at the fuse holder. If you see two fuse values/voltages listed, it's a dual voltage unit. If so, there is a red switch inside the amp near where the power cord comes in. One direction for 220 and another for 110. If you do not feel comfortable opening the unit, STOP and get help. Make sure the unit has been disconnected from power for at least 24 hours before opening.

I have a Jamo sub I bought in the U.K., and although there was NO switch, I was able to get a volt-ohm meter on the power outputs of the transformer while it was turned on Smile.gif and find that one of the power outputs was indeed 120 volts, as opposed to the factory set 240 volts! I WOULD NOT recommend this to an amature or someone with bad luck, but it is a real good way to save the replacement or new parts on a sub. Again, it isn't an OSHA-approved method, but if your not a wuss, it should work.