Best Center Channel for Heresy L/R....

econyers

I know this question has probably been asked a "million times", however, I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of Series I Heresy's and would like to use them in my 2-Channel/HT setup. My delema is that I would like to add a Klipsch center channel to match the Heresy's but have only a limited space in which to put it (in my entertainment center). I have at most 10" of height to play with....I have read that the KLF-C7 is a good match, as well as the RC-3 II...Any suggestions?

If you have no more than 10" of height, I think you may be SOL. According to the specs, the KLF-C7 and Academy are 11" high, KV-4 is 10.5". IMHO those would have been your best choices, short of another Heresy, which is apparently out of the question in your case. You may have to settle for something else with less bass and a less optimal tonal match that fits the space available.

I'm using an RC-3 with my heresy's and while the match is obviously not perfect, I find it perfectly acceptable and don't notice the tonal difference accept on things pan slowly across the front soundstage.

Noone has ever been watching a movie at my house and said... "hey man...that center channel doesn't sound the same as the mains..what's up with that?".

------------------

--Elliott--

Heresy Mains (Birch)

Heresy Surrounds (Walnut)

RC-3 Center

(Because a C7 won't fit!)

SVS 20-39cs/Samson S700

Denon 2801

Acurus 100x3

JVC D-Series

Pioneer DV-525

This message has been edited by jelliott100 on 02-20-2002 at 09:00 PM

Malcolm;

I was actually thinking of using a RC-3 II, since it seems to be about the "best fit" that I could get... =( I just wish I could hack up the entertainment center, but my fiancee would probably kill me! =) *LOL*

boa12;

Unfortunately I can't, since the entertainment center has a "rounded" top on it... =(

Given your space limitation, the RC-3 II sounds like a reasonable choice to me. You might want to see if you can get one to take home for an audition before buying, or at least buy somewhere you can return it within a reasonable time, just in case you don't like the tonal match. Most folks listening to your system probably won't even notice a difference. But you may.

myself i wouldn't let a rounded top stop me from getting the better timbre match speak. i've got L brackets screwed right into the top of my cabinet top to hold the angled center from sliding forward.

as long as you have something to support the speaker front & enough height to ceiling to raise the back, it can be done. of course it depends on your own trade-off between sound quality vs. time/trouble/decor.

cwm5.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page