Only low channel from Promedia 5.1

valko

My Klipsch set has run beautifully for eight years, but the past few weeks I've started noticing an issue. The upper channels seem to cut out on occasion, leaving only rumbling bass to the tune of whatever I'm listening to. It used to be infrequent and only happen in short bursts. Then it became more frequent and I'd have to actually turn the unit off and back on to try to kick the other channels back into action.

Now I can't get any sound (other than bass) out of the unit.

Are my speakers dead? Could this be a connector issue? A fuse of some sort? I'm not sure where to start looking!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat... sent the subwoofer to Elliot hoping that it would be subwoofer-related and take care of the issue but unfortunately it didn't...

The speakers work fine at times, then it seems like the treble (voices and such) will fade out or in randomly and I just hear stuff rom the sub and other times it'll come back.

Hope someone here might have an idea of what's going on. Are the satellites dying?

Unfortunately it cuts off fairly often.

I can be listening to an MP3 and it'll come in and out during the same song.

Sometimes it'll go out and not come back during the same song. Seems kinda weird cause it'll do it on some songs more than other songs, if that makes any sense?

Oh one other thing I should mention... I can't seem to get sound out of the rear channel speakers? I'm using the orange colored subwoofer wire cause I seem to have misplaced the black one but that shouldn't be an issue. Could a bad BASH IC cause problems with the rears not putting out sound at all as well?