Width x Length or Length x Width

tljraj

28 X40? You call that a room? Man, thats an auditorium!s>

I'd definitely go with the short wall for home theater. As for the ceiling, I don't know. I'd be inclined to leave it if the sound in the room is satisfactory now. You don't want to mess up a good thing. Besides, can't you leave the ceiling as is and just wall or stand mount the heresys?

------------------

JDMcCall

Thanks for the Pictures Dougdrake they were great it looked like ya'll had a wonderful time. Maybe someday I'll be able to make that trip. Thanks for the tip on the Heresey's, originally I was thinking on hanging them with chains angled at about a 15-30 degree angle, but mounting them like in the picture seems the way to go plus I won't have to drill into them. Didn't you purchase some Heresey's at the factory?

No, that was my buddy RossVTaylor. He's the one with the bigger smile in the pictures 'cause he took home 3 Heresy's. And technically he didn't purchase them at the factory. He purchased them at a nearby dealer and just picked them up at the factory. Klipsch doesn't sell direct from the factory to the public (too bad frown.gif).

tljraj -

About that ceiling...am I to understand it's one of those Celetex drop ceilings? If so, how much depth is there (i.e. from the backside of the Celetex to the underside of the ceiling structure?

The reason I ask is that if the depth is like four or five feet, an option would be to have the false ceiling slope upwards from one end of the room to the other. IOW, the false ceiling could be six or seven feet at the "screen" end of the room and slope up to twelve feet at the other end. I hope that makes sense. This would give you plenty of headroom to mount the Heresy's, retain the Celetex tiles to keep the room from being too lively, and give the room some volume and "shape".

Anyhow - what I wouldn't give to have *your* problem. smile.gif

Tom Adams

So your saying put the LCR speakers on the smaller part of the wall? This is what I have:

4 La scalas

5 Heresey II

1 Pair KLF 30's

1 Pair KLF 20's

1 KT-LCR

KSW 300

KSW200

Kenwood SW 300 ( Please don't laugh) it was my first sub I didn't know what I was doing.

Yamaha DSP A-1 Intragrated Amp (DTS)

Yamaha A/V Receiver RX-V2095 (DTS)

Panasonic DVD A310

Onkyo Power Amp M-508

Adcom Amp GFA 5503

Adcom Amp GFA 5500

Not exactly sure how much room after the false cieling. I'm in escrow right now and due to move in 31 Mar. I do know it's acoustical ceiling sheets if that's what your asking. eek.gif