putting together 1st media room

camaromoe

Hello there' This will be my first of many posts I'm sure as I have been Bitten by the audio bug. I have just had a home built and had a media room built with it. Now that the hard stuff is ou tof the way I am ready to get to the fun stuff. I will apologize in advance as I have mulitple questions.

I have the rc62 rs52 rw12d as of right now along with a onkyo 607.

My fist question is the new receiver is 90w by 7 channels with the option to bi-amp the fronts. I am trying to decide weather to go with the rf62's or82's?

The receiver is a 7.2 and I am only planning on using 5 channels so I can bi amp or add a new amp along with the receiver. Will I have enough power and will their be any sound issues upgrading to the 82's?

Second question which would be smarter bi amp with other two channels or buy external amp or does the receiver put out enough power as is?

Third question is I have a friend that is selling his rt-10d and since my receiver is a 7.2 will it sound unusal to have both subs hooked up.

I know this is a loaded post but I'm trying to get everything going as quickly as possible. Thanks in advance for any info or advise at all.

Welcome to the Klipsch forums, lots of knowledgeable folks here to help you maximize your audio experience. I'll give a couple thoughts but I am far from an expert.

Regarding the front mains left and right channels, probably two schools of thought. The RF-62s would be the match for your center, I am not familiar with the surrounds you listed. I have RF-35s, which are two 8 inch woofers, a Reference series replaced by the RF-82s,. I would recommend you listen to he RF-62 and RF-82 in an audio showroom if possible. Suspect the RF-82s will have a definite edge over the RF-62s. Consider what you will listen to and how you will listen. For movies, I love my 5.1 surround speakers. For two channel audio, the extra punch from my RF-35s makes me glad I did not go with a smaller mains set of speakers. They rock. Just my thoughts.

For all your bi-amping questions, I'd say just get everything setup and see how it sounds. You can always experiment with the bi-amping. Time to get some hours on your system and see how it sounds - - - then you'll have a reference mark for any changes later.

For the sub question, I'm not an expert, but my SVS PC-Ultra shakes the house if I want it to. Try one sub and see what the placement options are. You can always add another, but again, establish a frame of reference with one sub first and you may not have a need for a second. Of course, if the second sub is a killer deal and you can sell it for same or better price, that would be tempting.........

Hope this helps, and welcome aboard!