McIntosh mc7270

Hi guys got a chance to pick up a mc7270 just wondering if anyone has any experience with this unit and if it would be a good match for my rf83's i have heard that mac amps are pretty high end and sound great but i don't know much about them ,hoping to gain some knowledge and i know you guys got that !! more questions to follow .thanks mike

I've had older McIntosh SS amps, the MC2105 and 2505 and absolutely loved them with Klipsch. I think you'd be quite happy with the 7270. If not, it's an easy sell as the 7270 is a very desirable model. Average used price is between $1500 and $1900 depending on condition.

Oh it's good to know you love them with klipsch ,,thanks for the input. Anyone out there know about the input voltage adjust I'll be running the pre outs from my marantz should it be .25v or 2.5 ??(something like that) and how about the taps ?? They run from 1ohm to 8 and I've heard that the rf83's dip as low as 3.5 ???does one give better sound then another???thanks mike

Oh it's good to know you love them with klipsch ,,thanks for the input. Anyone out there know about the input voltage adjust I'll be running the pre outs from my marantz should it be .25v or 2.5 ??(something like that) and how about the taps ?? They run from 1ohm to 8 and I've heard that the rf83's dip as low as 3.5 ???does one give better sound then another???thanks mike

Probably the 2.5v input will be better suited, but there is no harm in trying them both and listening. The question concerning the output taps are the same, try them all and listen to find which you prefer. I'd start with the 8 ohm taps, as I believe that is what the 83s are rated at. The Mac cannot be harmed by this... so no harm in trying.