Please help comment on this setup

larbel

I've been out of the loop for a while now and recently start looking at HT for my new home. The TV room size is approx. 14' x 17' but with the sofa set at 14' from the TV instead of 17'. I first wanted to get the RB-51 set, but went to the dealer showroom and all they've got were the RF-62 and RF-63, I tested both the RF-62 with RC-62 and the RF-63 with RC-64... HUGH mistake :P Now nothing seems right, this has been the case for couple of weeks and I really couldn't make up my mind.

And for whatever reason, I guess I'm getting a bit frustrated.. I somehow let the sales person talk me into placing my order for the following today:

RF-62, RC-62, RS-42 and RW-10d.. I know this is NOT the recommended setup and I have no idea why I went with these, do you think it will be decent or should I go back and change it back to RS-52 and RW-12d? I believe there's a good $400 or so difference? I paid $2,250 for the above and they're having special on the Marantz SR7002SL for $725 Are these prices ok, will the Marantz match this setup? I'd say it will be 80% movies and 10% games and 10% music, thanks!!

I wouldn't be so disappointed with that setup. The price on the Marantz is a good one, even though it is last years model. There is a person on here that has the RS-42's for his surround speakers and he also has the RF-83's in the front(I believe). The only thing I would change in that setup is the subwoofer, I'd try and get the RW-12d. But good setup.