Direction / A little information / help with a burnt wire on Klipsch Promedia 5.1

saruji

UPDATE: Soldered the piece back, everything back up and running. Still any info on might have caused this or how to prevent this in the future, i've read stories of putting a fan inside the sub, wouldn't this create vibration and distort the sound? Maybe possible to solve heat issue passively? ....................................................

Sound system: Klipsch Promedia 5.1

Problem: Was listening to music, all of a sudden, everything goes silent as if the power shut off

Possible symptoms that might help: The subwoofer was feeling very warm in the back.

I have taken the promedia subwoofer apart as power doesnt seem to be reaching it, I thought maybe its just my fuse, pulled the fuse, it looked good. But then saw this:

IMG_82271.jpg
From Klipsch subwoofer

IMG_8225.JPG
From Klipsch subwoofer

IMG_8231.JPG
From Klipsch subwoofer

IMG_8238.JPG
From Klipsch subwoofer

IMG_8239.JPG
From Klipsch subwoofer

IMG_8240.JPG
From Klipsch subwoofer

Question is:

1) Could I replace this wire myself? If so, does anyone know how I can find out the part number / where do I order?

2) The other end of this wire has that yellowish goo stuff that you see around that black capacitor looking thing to the right, are these replaceable with regular soldering? (Also does that black capacitor look ok? It seems as if it might have gotten a little burnt too).

3) Most important question, can anyone explain what that wire/board it is connected to does?

IMG_82271.jpg
From Klipsch subwoofer

4) Any tips, tricks, recommendation or fixing this, a point in the right direction (I really dont mind reading)

5) If you answer to this post, with anything that might either directly or indirectly assist me solve this problem, thank you.

If I can fix this, i'd like to make a how to blog about it, so that others in my situation might be able to fix a similar issue or get some guidance with it.