Floor speaker stands for Klipsch THX Ultra 2 system

gmkilr

Anyone know of any floor stands that will mount the KL 525 and 650s? I know they are designed to be ceiling or wall mounted with the Omnimount 60.0 mounts and because of that the mounting holes are on the back. I want to mount these to floor stands that are at least 36" tall and can hold at least 40LBS. Thanks for any help.

I'm using some 12" square oak pedestals and it works better than I thought. The speakers are heavy enough that there is no need to screw or bolt them to the pedestals, they just sit on top, no worry about them wobbling or falling over.

My only worry about that is my 3 year old daughter grabbing ahold of one of those stands and that speaker coming down on her dome...ouch. I have thought about the unsecured approach and it may be the only option, but not preferred.

Safety first ! What a vivid picture.............. Just get the Omni's and put the speakers up, away from Peanut Butter fingers ! Good Luck.

My only worry about that is my 3 year old daughter grabbing ahold of one of those stands and that speaker coming down on her dome...ouch. I have thought about the unsecured approach and it may be the only option, but not preferred.

I looked for speaker stands that would hold the 650's before I went with pedestals, just couldn't find anything that would work. Some of the center channel speakers stands have a large enough top plate, but none are very tall.

I'm using these for the 525's, http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=346&filter=hanger. Much cheaper than the omnimounts and they mount flush so it's a much cleaner look too.

If you use pedestals, you could just use a flat bracket bolted to the speaker mounting holes, then screwed into back of pedestal. That's was what I was planning on doing, but with the weight of the speaker really no need. Your daughter would have a very difficult time knocking the pedestal/speaker over, much more solid than I had expected.