TV watching on the computer?

Well I hope that some of the great minds here can give me some direction. I am getting a new computer this weekend. After 6 years it is time to upgrade, my new update for my CAD program won't even run on the old beast. The old machine is a Dell with a Dell monitor. This moniter was unique at the time in that it is a 19" with a tv tuner built in. I have the cable box plugged into and while using the computer I have the PIP in the corner and can watch TV. When the computer is off the monitor can be used as a SD tv which is nice since it is the guest bedroom.

Anyways I am trying to replicate the set up with a 22"-24" TV/Monitor and not having much luck. I can get a computer with a TV tuner which will work fine for when I am on the computer and want to watch. The problem is that this is the 2nd TV in the house and sometimes someone wants to watch something different in there and it would be nice to do so without turning the computer on. I have looked at just getting an LCD TV but it seems that at some point recently they only include PIP in 40" and over TV's.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!