Klipsch CF-1s what version?

TwinReverb

I've been reading another thread about the Epic series and have been reading about port measurments, 3 inches and 6 inches on the CF-1s. i measured the ports on mine to find the diameter is 4 inches and the depth is 3 inches. the serial numbers are 246494773 and 246494774 which indicates they would be version 1 from '94? but the other thread was talking about version 1s having 6 inch ports, and my port dont measure up to 6 inches in diameter or depth. can anyone give me a little insight on this?

My ports are 4" wide and 2 1/2" deep. That would make mine a version 2.5 When I was fiddling around, I found that they are easily removable and now have 1" deep ports. I wonder if saving money on plastic was a factor in reducing the port length on all of the CF models. Productivity savings !

"The were definitely built in '94. The serial numbers indicate this - which it sounds like you figured out already. The first three digits of the serial number indicate the day of the year your speakers were built - 264th. This works out to early August (I didn't do the math so forgive me if I'm a little off there). There was a change in these speakers in the fall of 1994. The earlier versions of the CF-1 speakers had the longer port tubes, but that fall we changed them to the shorter tube that you have (we also adjusted the network to correct for this). We would call your speakers "CF-1 rev.2". We continued to build them this way until the summer of 1995" - klipsch support email. i just missed 6 inch ports by a few months