Klipsch Image X5 / X10 Stress Relief & the know manufacturer's defect

Foo Fighters

There seems to be a common manufacturers defect in the X5 and X10, in the stress relief that binds the earphone to the cable. Other than giving someone a warranty replacement, what is Klipsch as a company, actively doing to rememdy this problem? There are reports from all over, in the well respected audiophile community, who have only had there X series for 4 months, and have had this issue.

Warranty coverage or not, shouldn't this defect be covered? This is happenning to almost everyone I know who owns them. I may be purchasing an X10, second hand, but I'm scared to death of my headphones falling apart. That says something about the build quality of a product, and it's extremely important. If I'm not within warranty or do not qualify for warranty, what will Klipsch charge to repair it? And if they repair it, will they replace the stress relief with a better material that doesn't deteriorate as easily? Not an exaggeration in the slightest, but I have spoken to people who are on their 2nd and 3rd replacements. After the warranty is up, it seems you're screwed.

Additionally, what precautions or modifications can I make to insure the stress reliefs do not crack. I know I'm gonig to be dealing with this issue, because I'm using then for jogging as well.

To the wonderful Klipsch employees, I mean no disrespect in criticizing the construction of your product, as I know they produce an absolute wonderful sound. But this is a legitimate concern, and many have this exact issue. I can't imagine if I spent $350 on a pair of X10's, knowing they're going to fall apart wthin 4 months to a year. I would hope even if someone was not within warranty, a known defect such as this would be addressed. I would think that Klipsch would pride it self on reputation with their customer service as well.

In terms of clarity and bass, I heard the custom-3's are amazing. They seem like they will last much longer. But they are not going to be as comfortable, light, or as easy to get a seal as the X10. The x10's sound great, and are very comfortable. But I can't backup their build quality. If you buy them from an authorized dealer, after the year is up, you will be screwed. So I'm not sure if I'm going to sell them, or keep them. No one from Klipsch has responded to my concern as of yet.

Why would someone want to pay the $349 retail price of a pair of headphones that may or may not last a year in which case the warranty will be gone. I'd appreciate it if an employee could address these concerns.