Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra THX Audible Hum

Decim8r

I have read through all the forums and still can't find an answer...

I currently have these speakers and have loved them for years. Lately, I have been noticing that there is a slight, but audible "hum" and "buzz" noise coming from all the speakers including the subwoofer. I had originally thought it was a grounding issue or crossing of wires. I think I have removed such interferences as I have bought a new grounded power strip and have hooked all possible power cables into that strip. I have also checked to ensure that the speakers have been placed far away from any possible radio interference and have made sure no wires crossed any powered cables.

Alas, to no avail...When I have the sub power plugged in I do not hear the "buzz" it only occurs once I turn the system on via the control hub. The noise is also audible when I plug in headphones into the control hub.

Is this possibly a faulty control hub? Do you sell a replacement or are there any other options available? I love these speakers and it would be a shame to have to replace the speakers just because of a faulty control hub.

• 7 months later...

Did this problem ever get resolved? did a new control pod work?

I am having the same issue, and have opened up the sub box, and tested all of the DC voltages relative to ground for AC components, as well as testing all of the pre-amp stages across vin+ and vin- and found no ac component of any of them over 25mv. i have also tested the pre-amp inputs while no signal is being applied to the speaker system and found no appreciable noise. There is also no noise that i can find in the control pod.

if anyone has any further advice I'd be interested in hearing it.

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Could of been a ground loop. Did you have your computer plugged in one powerstrip and maybe the speakers into another? Just a shot in the dark. Most likely the BASH chips or a simple cold solder joint. BASH chips are $24.00 last I heard.

cityjim