Value of circa '96 KP-301's?

Shep

I have a pair of good condition 301's that I need to sell. I am not sure if they are 301 II's, but I'm almost positive they are not IIA's. Right now, I don't have them sitting in front of me to check. They have the 1/4" connector, not the speakon connector, and they were built in October or November of '96. They are in great shape. Anybody have thoughts on value? I searched the forums, and found references to buying and selling, but no prices. I will probably list them on the garage sale in a few days, but I am giving a guy locally first right of refusal.

Thanks!
Shep

I paid (probably overpaid) $600 for a pair recently because they were truly like new (had sat in a dry attic for years) and came with padded Tuki covers. I totally love the sound. Colter says they are some of the best one man portable speakers Klipsch ever made.

My guess is that $400 is a great deal for the buyer, $600 is top dollar. That being said, most of us have seen Pro stuff go for crazy low money and crazy high money.

Any thoughts on value.... well value is a number we place on some sort of object. That ultimately depends on the market conditions and where the item is located. Not many buy luxury items in a recession, but if the item is rare enough, and the demand for it high, you could still make out ok. The same pair of speakers will be valued differently across the country.

Here in Ontario, any Klipsch for sale is pretty rare, but again there is not much of a demand that I have seen.

That's right Michael, THERE ARE NO KLIPSCH IN ONTARIO!, please save yourself some pain and stop looking.[;)]

There's certainly a lack of the KP or Industrial floating about, but I am personally trying to re-populate Ontario, one or two or three or four , pieces at a time.

I can't live forever, so if you can outlast me, you'll be able to enjoy a massive flood of Klipsch in Ontario.