Promedia 4.1 Rear channel not working

raphenilweed

Just got my 4.1's delivered today, bought used on ebay. Im stoked because I'm having a pre t-day party. [<:o)]The unit was well packaged and in good physical condition. Even has monster spkr cable [Y]. Got the front channel plugged in and works great, rear channel not so great .With both plugged in their is no sound or static, but when turning surround dial, speakers make bad popping sound. Switched the front lines to the rear and vice versa. The "rear spkrs" worked fine in the front channels. All 4 spkrs and sub work, rear channel not work.

A little bit of thinking makes me wanna poke my finger at the rear channel board. Any home fix-its for this? I am pretty sure it could not have been damaged in shipping; extreme bubble wrap, oversized box stuffed with peanuts. When plugging control wires into computer I was unsure about the tanish/purple plug, rear channel or sub? Maybe I put in wrong one and fried channel? Any help much appreciated before I contact seller.

--Raphen

• 11 months later...

I am having the same exact problem with my Promedia 4.1 speakers. Was there ever a solution to this problem? Is it a busted control pod? Klipsch's site says that the control pod is discontinued - these speakers still work great, I really don't want to have to get rid of them but I really want the rear channel for gaming... :(

Does anyone know where I can get a new control pod? Or where I can get this one repaired (I'm really just assuming it's the control pod) Also, I've tried wiggling all the cables, unplugging and plugging them back into the circuit board to no avail - what exactly does the DIN cable replacement fix? Could that be the problem? My initial guess was that the potentiometer for the surround channel is screwed because of the scratching and popping when i turn the knob...

Thanks!