1975 Heresys HWO converted to Decorators

T-Ram

WOW, those look great, I bet in person they are even better depending on the light hitting them. Cool

Are you going to add new pie shaped logos to them?

James

Thank you! The patterns really do jump out.

I've got the one original pie and I also purchased two of the new pies. I'm still debating whether to hold out for another vintage pie or put the new ones on. Once again, anybody got a single vintage "pie" they are willing to part with? [;)]

As others have said, very beautiful work. If I may make a suggestion, I would make a small template and route a small rectangle where the binding posts are located, and place the plate on the inside of the cabinet, to recess those posts. Love that sapele. Bruce

I would recommend following Bruce's suggestion on the binding posts.

I understand the concept, but unless I am going to use strictly banana plugs I can see nothing but frustration in trying to secure bare wire or pins if I did this unless I went with a considerably larger plate so there could be room to manuver. Am I completely wrong? Or are my fingers that much bigger than everyone else's? I'm a pretty big guy, but have never thought of my hands as particularly large and I have had trouble with other recessed binding posts.

Oh and by the way......thank you to all for the comments. Not sure if I have individually thanked everyone!

Tony

I understand the concept, but unless I am going to use strictly banana plugs I can see nothing but frustration in trying to secure bare wire or pins if I did this unless I went with a considerably larger plate so there could be room to manuver. Am I completely wrong? Or are my fingers that much bigger than everyone else's? I'm a pretty big guy, but have never thought of my hands as particularly large and I have had trouble with other recessed binding posts.

Good point. It would be difficult to use anything other than banana plugs. That's probably why many binding post "cups" have the connectors at an angle. I like the look of the recessed ones better myself and it also provides more clearance in the rear which may not be a problem for most installastions.

In any case. Awesome work.