Promedia work as hometheater?

aquaftm

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt it. The TV would have to be able to drive the sound via USB, and I haven't heard of any that do. Even if they could, they would need a software driver just to send the signal properly, and unless Klipsch is making some, I don't know of anyone who does that, either.

You'd be better off getting an RCA to stereo miniplug converter from Radio Shack. Each one costs about 4 dollars.

Can you provide any details about your TV and speakers? You can use the 2.1 system on a TV, you just need to right cables/converters to drive it.

I have some 4.1 Promedia speakers but I am afraid the control pod will bite the dust soon. The sound on the left speaker was gone and I fixed it by wiggling the volume knob, but I do not know how long this "fix" will last.

I want to use my Promedia speakers on a Hometheater system, but I do not know which Receiver to use. The speakers are still running very well and I want to save money. Which media receiver can you recommend? Also, how can I connect the speakers to the receiver?

This won't answer the first post, but hopefully this might provide an alternative solution.

Your speakers should just have regular speaker wire from the satellites to your subwoofer, unless the 4.1s are vastly different from the 2.1s or the 5.1s. So your satellite wires clip into your subwoofer with a regular clip connector. The sony has screw-type bannana connectors for the front left and right channels, and clamps for the center and rear channels. Either one will work with a regular speaker wire.

You can zoom in close on this image to see the back of the tuner (note the bannana connectors for front L/R and clip connectors for C/R/S):

Back of DH500

You don't have to use this receiver, I just picked it up because it was cheap and had two optical inputs, which made hooking up the PC and xBox pretty easy. As I said before, the satellite speakers will work right off the bat, but you may need to purchase another subwoofer unless you convert the subwoofer out to a mini-jack so you can use it as input on your subwoofer.