want to know why 2x RS-62 and 2xRB-61 for 7.1?

1968dart

Hey all...building a 7.2 system for my 21x12x9ft room and so far Im going with RF-63 and RC-64 with two RW-12d but its the surrounds that's in question after reading a bunch of post here.I was first thinking 4 RS-62 would be perfect...because they would help create a relly wide sound field for movies. Just the kind of scare the crap out of you surrounds sound I'd like. But many seem to think RB-61 for the back....why? And why not RF-62 for that matter then I don't need speaker stands. Also I could just get RF-62's for all the surounds? Whats the the reasons? The thinking behind this? With my old system that was 6.2 I also liked to listen to 6ch stereo. Old system was Paradigm Legends with built in powered 10's, a cc-360 front center, a cc-290 rear center, and acoustic lab surrounds. Was driving this system with a Yamaha rxv-665 and thought it sounded great. But with this new system in my dedicated room I want awesome. Blow your head off make you weep clear dynamic beautiful sound.. Any way with All this RF line to choose from what will it be?

Thanks and sorry if you've seen this same question fifty time all ready but its new to me.

Robin

for the SIDE surrounds use any of the RS line. as far as the REARS go, it depends. i did a test about this sometime ago. it all depends on how close you are to the back wall. if you back is LESS than 4feet, than i would strongly suggest getting something in the RS line. if your back is GREATER than 4feet than i would suggest starting with something in the RB line.

the main reason i found is, if you are too close to the speaker, they simply fire over you. theres no actual room for you to hear the sound effects. in my case i tested RS-42's vs. RB-61's. also if you are close enough, the RS line will sound like a "direct" speaker (RB series) but will give you more in sound effects.

i would also suggest getting the RS-42's over the RS-62's because they are the same speaker, just bigger. i'd say at most get the RS-52. i have a RF-7 set up and the 42's keep right up. besides once you set the DB level, they all equal anyways. just a suggest to help out the o'l wallet. i am also they type of person that suggests using 1 sub unless you are a master at setting those things up. once you get into multiple subs it gets real tricky in setting them up right. one by itself is no cake walk either. you can in fact hurt your set up with multiple subs that are not set up right, can make it sound worse. again, just my 2cents. i also suggest this sub over any other. i have it and it rocks! it even keeps up with sunfires top of the line!! check out the price and specks and you may agree!

good luck, and WELCOME to the forums!